Table of Contents
This page describes significant changes made to Kurviger. We constantly improve all our services, but we only add entries in the changelog if the change actually changes something significant for you.
The date format of the changes is given in YYYY-MM-DD. For app releases we add the app version.
Typically we use the following categories (if a change concerns only the app or website, this will be noted accordingly):
- Routing (Route calculation, Routing Server)
- Map, Location, POIs
- Planning, Search
- Import, Export (Route transfer)
- Cloud (Routes, Places)
- App (only app)
- Navigation (features related to the navigation, follow mode, and others - only App)
- Tourer (Subscription, advanced features e.g. for planning, import, export, cloud, …)
In addition to the standard categories, other identifying labels may be noted in the changes as needed.
2023-05-25 (3.0.10 beta)
- Navigation (App): Roundabout exits show the exit number inside the roundabout icon.
- Navigation (App): Roundabout icon shows the correct direction in left-hand traffic.
- Navigation (App): Improved Android notification handling.
- Planning (App): Improved finding the current location when planning.
- Planning (App): Long press on the map triggers the exact positioning mode straight away.
- Planning (App): Further increased some click areas (for example for the menu button).
2023-05-12 (3.0.9 beta)
- Navigation (App): Manual rerouting is now possible with a button.
- Navigation (App): Recenter can be configured to automatically trigger after some time passed.
- Navigation (App): Fixed a bug that could lead to the off-route arrow pointing in the wrong direction.
- Navigation (App): Off-route arrow is now pointing to the next unvisited via or shaping point.
- Navigation (App): Navigation panels and buttons have a slight transparency.
2023-05-04 (3.0.8 beta)
- Navigation (App): Reduced battery usage during the navigation.
- Navigation (App): Reduced delay of the GPS position while being on the route.
- Navigation (App): Offroute-Arrow that shows to the next unvisited via point, when being off-route.
- Navigation (App): Increased map contrast and map readability. Roads have a better visibility.
- Navigation (App): Show direction of route during the navigation.
- Navigation (App): Setting to switch the location service between Android and Google.
- Navigation (App): “Then” voice instruction for turns that are close to each other. Now an instruction is spoken like “In 300m turn left, then turn right”.
- Navigation (App): Improved voice instructions, especially in combination with Bluetooth headsets.
- Map: Housenumbers are shown on high zoom levels.
2023-04-07 (3.0.7 beta)
- Follow (App): Without a planned route, you can use the follow mode to ride freely and just view the map while riding.
- Navigation (App): Reduced battery usage during the navigation.
- Navigation (App): Voice output of street names can be configured to yes, no, and automatic. Automatic reduces the occurrence the street name is spoken, so it is only spoken once.
- Navigation (App): 2km voice instruction is only spoken for very long stretches of road (like a motorway).
- Navigation (App): Shaping-Points are not spoken anymore, they are still shown.
- Navigation (App): (…)-menu shows state of voice output muted / unmuted.
- Planning: Address is not removed anymore when waypoints are snapped to the closest road.
2023-03-27 (3.0.6 beta)
- Navigation (App): Show overlays from the planning during the navigation.
- Navigation (App): Show waypoint numbers on the map.
- Navigation (App): Control the map during the navigation with external input devices (Wunderlinq, Carpe Iter, etc.).
- Navigation (App): When using the zoom button the map still follows the location.
- Navigation (App): Improved zoom for turns and roundabouts.
- Navigation (App): Route overview works for very long routes as well.
- Planning (App): Load previous overlay on app start.
- Planning: Show distance and duration more prominent when planning a route.
- Planning: Improved fullscreen planning.
- Planning (App): Improvements for finding the location during the route planning.
2023-03-09 (3.0.5 beta)
- Navigation (App): Allow to zoom using the volume buttons
- Navigation (App): Fixed an issue that could lead to voice instructions being spoken twice.
- Navigation (App): Fix a bug that could lead to showing the wrong via point name.
- Planning (App): Load previous route on app start without asking and without requiring an internet connection.
- Planning: Import .kurviger files without requiring an internet connection and without recalculating the planned route.
- Planning: Improved Drag&Drop in the waypoint list.
- Planning (App): Allow to clear route or overlay, even if the route has not been successfully calculated.
- Planning: Increase map max zoom.
- Planning(App): Improved fullscreen handling, when you place a point in map fullscreen, the app goes back to fullscreen again afterwards.
- Planning(App): Increased click areas for several icons like `<`or the menu icon.
- Planning(App): Improved offline behaviour.
- Planning(App): Moving of points does not trigger a route zoom.
- Planning(App): It's possible to switch from extending to setting the start/end.
- Planning(App): Set the route start automatically when setting the destination when using the waypoint list.
2023-02-09 (3.0.4 beta)
- Navigation (App): New navigation UI optimised for motorcycle navigation.
- Display space is now optimised on showing more of the route, especially for landscape navigation.
- ETA, duration, distance to the next via point and destination are shown.
- Zoom-Buttons to quickly zoom in and out.
- New location marker that shows the current location more clearly.
- Additional information like speed or altitude are shown.
- Navigation (App): Action button to skip the next waypoint (shaping or via).
- Navigation (App): A navigation can be started everywhere on the route, so you can continue a navigation after a stop.
- Navigation (App): It's possible to switch between different curvy routes during the navigation by tapping on it.
- Navigation (App): Name for via and shaping points are spoken during the navigation.
- Planning (App): New action button on the map to make it easy to reach important actions fast.
- Planning (App): Switching map layers has been completely reworked.
- Planning (App): Fixed an issue that could lead to issues when switching the language.
- Planning (App): Improve usage on tablets.
- Planning (App): Fix Drag&Drop in the waypoint list.
- Planning: Instruction list can be filtered to only show waypoints or via points.
2023-01-17 (3.0.3 beta)
- Navigation (App): Improved voice instructions, speak instructions matching the shown distance and don't speak road references anymore.
- Navigation (App): Show all curvy routes during the navigation.
- Navigation (App): Make skipping parts of the route smoother.
- Navigation (App): The turn arrow is now shown clearer on the map.
- Navigation (App): Improved offroute behaviour.
- Navigation (App): Fix initial route zoom when starting the navigation.
- Navigation (App): Improved Beeline Navigation.
- Planning (App): Improve import and export of routes.
- 2023-01-16 Map: Kurviger Liberty, improved road visibility and map readability.
2022-12-31 (3.0.2 beta)
- Planning: Route details are now shown during the planing, you can change which details are shown in the settings.
- Planning: The GPS position is now shown on the map. When you place a destination on the map, without any route, a new route will be calculated from your current location.
- Planning: Avoid zooming to the whole route after returning from the fullscreen top-widget.
- Navigation (App): Settings for the map orientation, you can choose between, 2d, 3d, and north.
- Navigation (App): Improved zoom behaviour, especially in landscape mode.
- Navigation (App): Setting for the voice instructions, you can enable/disable them in the settings.
2022-12-21 (3.0.1 beta)
- Settings: Settings area widgets added
- Selection: Route, POIs, Navigation, Cookies
- Navi-Simulation (App): Simulation now runs from start through WPs to finish, no longer gets stuck at 1st WP
2022-12-13 (3.0.0 beta)
- Beta-Release Version 3.0.0 (App) for testing the app at an early stage of development. During the test phase, all features that later require a subscription (e.g. Tourer subscription) can be used free of charge in the test version of the app. Information on the current beta status can be found here. For the test version of the new app in an early stage of development, here is a summary of the most important features.
- Map (App): View of different providers is possible as in website
- Planning (App): Route calculation via the Kurviger routing server as in website
- Planning (App): Sidebar as in website, adapted to app
- Change WP order currently only possible with arrows tool, drag&drop only later
- Topographic diagram not displayable. The route details selectable therein in Route not yet displayable.
- Search (App): Sidebar as in website
- Import (App): Sidebar as in website
- Export (App): Sidebar as in website
- Cloud (App): Sidebar as in website
- Settings (App): Currently POI selection as placeholder
- App: Sidebar collapse/expand currently adapted to app in portrait mode
- Currently no landscape format e.g. for planning, search, import, export, cloud
- Follow (App): Is currently not possible in the app
- Navigation (App): For the time being only a placeholder for the navigation function, hardly suitable for landscape format for the time being
- Only limited display option and announcement of turn-by-turn directions
- Selection and setting option in the navi view is still missing
- Auto zoom still needs to be adjusted (in portrait and landscape mode)
- Navi-Simulation (App): Simulation runs for the time being only from start to the first waypoint
- Tourer (App): During the testing of the beta version of the app, the Tourer features in the app can be used for free
- Routing (Server): Update to GraphHopper version 5.3
- Routing (Server): Barriers like gates, lift_gates, etc. are not blocking by default anymore
Previous entries (up to 2022-10-10)
If you're looking for entries up to 2022-10-10, please check here.
changelog.txt · Last modified: 2023/05/25 13:50 by admin